Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Do you believe in the Law of Attraction otherwise known as The Secret?

I just finished reading the book, and WOW. That's some amazing and powerful stuff in there! I think I have always unknowingly believed, but did not understand all of the rules, especially the impact of negative thoughts. I have alway been a positive, non-worrying, non-anxious, go with the flow type person with a smile on my face. Many people I know have commented on it in fact, about how positive my outlook on life is. And deep down, I believe it was the Law of Attraction at work.

I saw The Secret show on Oprah awhile back, I think it was in April, and I was highly intrigued. I checked online at the library to get the book, and 40 some odd people were before me in line! But I just picked it up on Monday and while at the park today with the kids, I finished the book. I will be getting one for myself next time I'm at the bookstore, I think it will be very handy to have it close by to remind me of what NOT to do. The last year or so, we've been struggling to get to a comfortable place financially, and I think I have spent WAY too much time focusing on the debt, which according to The Secret, only draws more debt too us. I also never really used this way of thinking on myself for healths sake. I'm pretty healthy as far as I know, but could stand to lose a few pounds. I will be "visualizing" a skinnier me, and focusing on checks coming in the mail from now on, instead of worrying about how many calories I just ate, or how many bills are in the mail. It will be interesting to see what happens.

What I'm most excited about, is I left the book on our bed after picking it up at the library, and my husband picked it up and read it through cover to cover. I think if both of us are focusing on the right things, nothing can stop us!

add to sk*rt

No comments:

Make Money with Google Adsense